Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade Scenarios (SW+HW). Will it work?

2003-05-05 13:12:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade Scenarios (SW+HW). Will it work?
From: daniel AT mbi.co DOT il (Daniel Bass)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 19:12:14 +0200
Kat
The first option is not valid. You can not recover 3.4 catalog to the
server with 4.5 installed. It may work, but it is unsupported and can
cause various problems.
So you have two equal options:
1) Perform the upgrade to 4.5  on the old server, install 4.5 on the new
server and run bprecover
2) Install 3.4 on the new server, run bprecover and after that upgrade
the new server to 4.5.

Be aware that in addition to file covered by bprecover, netbackup stores
some optional configuration  parameters in vm.conf file and in the
windows registry:(  In case you have such parameters , you need transfer
this stuff to the new server in addition to performing catalog
restoration.