Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup new SAN environment

2003-05-05 07:02:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup new SAN environment
From: smohr AT ctsinc DOT net (Sean Mohr)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 07:02:24 -0400
Hey Mike

The way I did it was to run EMC Time Finder Scripts from the bp.start
and bpend scripts from Netbackup.

This particular environment was Oracle on Two Symms running SRDF
in-between both of them.  I had a rather good Time Finder Scripter that
just wrote me a nice perl script with a interface that allowed me to
pass parameters to break off and mount any on the associated BCV's that
I needed.  If memory servers me correctly, I think the perl script would
log into each instance of the database as needed, do a Redo Log Switch
and then database suspend so that he could get a consistent image, then
split off the BCV and resume the database.  This took a whole 1 or 2
seconds to complete.

Then the policy when run backup those mount points and when done, run
the bpend script to umount those BCV file systems so that TimeFinder
could start to resync them.

AIX
NBU 3.4
Oracle 8.1.7 with Financial Apps