Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2003-05-01 02:20:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: jv711 AT yahoo DOT com (JV)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:20:44 -0700 (PDT)
# man snoop

Are you trying to go high or low? ( > 1024 or < 1024)?

If another IT entity controls the firewall you are in for an uphill
battle. If you use an ACL firewall they can create a rule to allow
your traffic from $IP to $IP. If you use a packet-filtering firewall
your approach will be different.

Here is a nice 29 page powerpoint on the topic:
http://tennis.ecs.umass.edu/~czou/link/security_course/lecture8b.ppt

The Veritas Admin guide says the "Dashboard" can be used to force
specific port usage. 0 means use high ports.

JV

Message: 1