Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] General guidelines for Multiplex settings

2003-04-18 17:18:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] General guidelines for Multiplex settings
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:18:18 -0500
there's definitely a point of diminishing returns when it comes to
the MPX value, and above that value your backup speed stops improving
and you're left with the drop in restore performance...

personally, my rule of thumb for that value is 4.  but like so many
performance rules of thumb, YMMV.  the best way to determine is via a
regression test in YOUR environment, rerunning backups at higher and
higher MPX levels until your aggregate drive write speed plateaus.