Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] force NB to use new tape for everyday schedule b ackup

2003-04-17 09:57:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] force NB to use new tape for everyday schedule b ackup
From: dbase77 AT yahoo DOT com (Feroz F. Basir)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:57:58 +0100 (BST)
Hi,

Lots of reason for using 1 tape each day. One of them
, I want to keep each day backup offsite and I dont
want it contains more than 1 day backup. I schedule
backup on Saturday and Sunday as well which nobody
work on those two days. So I need NB to use new tape
each day no matter the tape is full or not.

Another reason is I have Disaster Recovery machine
which require backup as well. This is off site and far
from where I work.

If I use 1 tape with 2/3 or more days backup, when it
comes to restore how do I know which data is for which
day? At least with 1 day backup on each tape I can
figure it out.

regards,
feroz

The tape becomes available as soon as every image on