Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Configuration for AIX and HP-UX

2003-04-15 11:11:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Configuration for AIX and HP-UX
From: Mark T Wragge" <storage AT ttt DOT ie (Mark T Wragge)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:11:24 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_026D_01C30369.A947CBD0

 Hello.   Would anyone be able to give me some AIX and HP-UX commands =
and procedures for configuration of tape devices and fibre cards.  I =
would like the relevant AIX/HP-UX commands that would compare with =
configuring a solaris system.  My experience of these systems is limited =
(especially when it doesn't work first time) but they are part of a Tape =
SAN that must be configured as proof of concept.

1) What is the procedure for configuring tape devices on an AIX or HP-UX =
system?  In a solaris system the procedure would be to edit st.conf and =
use the commands drvconfig and tapes.  Do theses other flavours of Unix =
follow a similar procedure and what would this be?

 2) Is there a command similar to pkginfo which is used on solaris to =
see what drivers/software are installed on an AIX or HP-UX system?

 3) The FC-HBA driver directory exists on the AIX server and when the =
fibre cable is plugged in the port on the switch lights. I would think =
that this would mean that the Emulex driver is installed.  Using sgscan =
I can see no tapes or robot.  I am not sure where to go from here.

 4)  Sun has a good website with relevant files to help troubleshoot.  =
Is there a good web site for HP-UX and AIX.

Thank You,  Mark

------=_NextPart_000_026D_01C30369.A947CBD0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;<SPAN =

style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Hello.&nbsp;&nbsp; Would =
anyone be=20
able to give me some AIX and HP-UX commands and procedures for =
configuration of=20
tape devices and fibre cards.&nbsp; I would like the relevant AIX/HP-UX =
commands=20
that would compare with configuring a solaris system.&nbsp; My =
experience of=20
these systems is limited (especially when it doesn't work first time) =
but they=20
are part of a Tape SAN that must be configured as proof of =
concept.</SPAN>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt">1) What is=20
the procedure for configuring tape devices on an AIX or HP-UX =
system?&nbsp; In a=20
solaris system the procedure would be to edit st.conf and use the =
commands=20
drvconfig and tapes.&nbsp; Do theses other flavours of Unix follow a =
similar=20
procedure and what would this be?</SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt">2) Is=20
there a command similar to pkginfo which is used on solaris to see=20
what&nbsp;drivers/software are installed on an AIX or HP-UX=20
system?</SPAN><?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt">3)=20
The FC-HBA driver directory exists on the AIX server and when the fibre =
cable is=20
plugged in the port on the switch lights.&nbsp;I would&nbsp;think that =
this=20
would mean that the Emulex driver is installed.&nbsp; Using sgscan I can =
see no=20
tapes or robot.&nbsp; I am not sure where to go from here.</SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">4)&nbsp; Sun has a good =
website with=20
relevant files to help troubleshoot.&nbsp; Is there a good web site for =
HP-UX=20
and AIX.</SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt">Thank=20
You,&nbsp; Mark</SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt"></SPAN>&nbsp;</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_026D_01C30369.A947CBD0--