Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: netbackup client for redhat linux 7.2

2003-04-14 08:54:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: netbackup client for redhat linux 7.2
From: mike.gorishek AT huntington DOT com (mike.gorishek AT huntington DOT com)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:54:03 -0400
--=_alternative 0046938A85256D08_=

I'm doing backups on Red Hat 7.2 clients using Netbackup DataCenter 3.41.
If I recall correctly I hadn't installed the linux client when I installed
Netbackup.  When I applied the 34_1 jumbo patch it allowed me to add more
clients including the RedHat client.  Then you just distribute the RedHat
client to the RedHat box from the master.  There is one catch, Red Hat 7.2
doesn't use inetd, so you have to create the applicable bprd, bpcd, vopied
and bpjava-msvc files in /etc/xinetd.d instead of just adding entries to
/etc/inetd.conf.
--=_alternative 0046938A85256D08_=

using Netbackup DataCenter 3.41. &nbsp;If I recall correctly I hadn't installed
the linux client when I installed Netbackup. &nbsp;When I applied the 34_1
jumbo patch it allowed me to add more clients including the RedHat client.
&nbsp;Then you just distribute the RedHat client to the RedHat box from the
master. &nbsp;There is one catch, Red Hat 7.2 doesn't use inetd, so you have to
create the applicable bprd, bpcd, vopied and bpjava-msvc files in /etc/xinetd.d
instead of just adding entries to /etc/inetd.conf.</font>
--=_alternative 0046938A85256D08_=--