Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] rereading scheduling changes

2003-04-11 16:47:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] rereading scheduling changes
From: jeffc AT ftc.agilent DOT com (Jeff Cleverley)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:47:48 -0600
Greetings,

I'm using NB3.4 and am trying to get a scheduling script worked out.
Our lab creates new file systems on a regular basis and it throws off
the schedules.  I want everything to do fulls when I plan for full
backups some weekend.  I keep getting some file systems saying they will
do incrementals instead of fulls because they were first backed up less
than x (full frequency) days ago.  Since it is less than the full
frequency it doesn't do this.  It then turns around and does a full a
week or two later when everything else is doing incrementals.

I have a script written up that will move everything from
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/<classname>/schedule/* to another location
and then puts what I want (full or incremental) in place for the
weekend.

The problem is that I don't seem to be able to get the system to reload
the schedule information and update based on what is there.  I've tried
various options with bprdreq, bprd, bpdbm, and a couple of others, but
the bpschedreq -predict keeps showing me data from a schedule that isn't
in place anymore.  This all works if I do it through the gui.

How do I get it to reload the scheduling information?

Thanks,

Jeff Cleverley