Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 MP3 bugs?

2003-04-08 19:16:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 MP3 bugs?
From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us (veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:16:55 -0400 (EDT)
I installed 4.5 on a windows 2000 server (SP3) machine at a client's site
earlier this week and added MP3 this morning but after that it started
showing some very odd behavior.  For example when trying to set up a
schedule if I went into the calendar clicking on days or days of the week
didn't light up the days on the calendar and when I tried to OK out of
that window the admin console would crash.  Another oddity I saw was that
under Host Properties and Clients if I double-clicked on a client to check
it out when I went back to the main Host Properties window it wouldn't
display the version of NBU or refine the OS version.  I removed MP3 and
everything behaved the way it used to: calendaring worked and Host
Properties would show more detail.

The only thing unusual about this system is that it only has 256MB of RAM.
More should be in tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone has seen this
behavior before.  It's clearly related to MP3.

Thanks.

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
"All HELL would break loose if time got hacked." - Bill Kearney 02-04-03
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---