Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BackupReport from Bocada

2003-04-08 16:18:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BackupReport from Bocada
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:18:04 -0400

--=_7A25DA91.CFAEC642

Anybody know anything about this product other than what I read on their =
web-site (www.bocada.com)? I see where it's licensed by the number of cli=
ents you plan to report on but they don't really give a breakdown of the =
cost. Their page says you can call for a quote but we all know what happe=
ns when you call a vendor with questions ... Anyway, I'm interested in a =
more robust reporting method than NetBackup Advanced Reporter (not worth =
my time) but before I'm jump into the BackupReport pool, I thought I'd ch=
eck to see how deep my pockets had to be.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Manager, Systems Software
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

The Colonel Says: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it=
 right

--=_7A25DA91.CFAEC642

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>Anybody know anything about this product other than what I read on t=
heir=20
web-site (<A href=3D"http://www.bocada.com";>www.bocada.com</A>)? I see wh=
ere it's=20
licensed by the number of clients you plan to report on but they don't re=
ally=20
give a breakdown of the cost. Their page says you can call for a quote bu=
t we=20
all know what happens when you call a vendor with questions ... Anyway, I=
'm=20
interested in a more robust reporting method than NetBackup Advanced Repo=
rter=20
(not worth my time) but before I'm jump into the BackupReport pool, I tho=
ught=20
I'd check to see how deep my pockets had to be.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis F. Dwyer<BR>Manager, Systems Software<BR>Tampa Electric=20
Company</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(813) 225-5181&nbsp; - Voice<BR>(813) 275-3599&nbsp; - FAX</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Visit our corporate website at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.tecoenergy.com";>www.tecoenergy.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Colonel Says: "Time is not a test of the truth"<BR>Translation: =
Just=20
because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it=20
right</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=_7A25DA91.CFAEC642--