Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] off-site cloning

2003-04-03 15:13:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] off-site cloning
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:13:44 -0500
What version of Netbackup. With 4.5, you could have the backup make two
copies.
Vaulting, whether it's the full or incremental, usually does seem to
take at least as much time, and sometimes more, than the original
backup.

>>> "James K. Wade" <james AT lim DOT com> 4/3/03 2:52:25 PM >>>
Howdy,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions

on cloning using Veritas Netbackup (Solaris).

Currently, I utilize the vaulting option to make a copy of

Off-site incrementals so that each morning when I come

in, I just remove the clone from the library and send it

off-site.

However, We want to be able to do the same thing with

a full backup which occurs on the weekend. I tried setting

up a vaulting job, but it took forever. The vault job was

taking more time that just doing another full-backup.

What are my options? I have 4 SDLT Tape Drives.

I could just do another Full Backup, but then incrementals

won't match with the off-site Full Backup.

Thanks....James