Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup on one system, restore to another

2003-04-01 10:09:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup on one system, restore to another
From: fperetmere AT adic DOT com (fperetmere AT adic DOT com)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 07:09:02 -0800

 This won't work. NetBackup and Backup Exec never used the same tape format.

 Starting with version 4.5, NetBackup is abble to import Backup Exec tapes. But
the
opposite operation is not yet possible.

 More informations in NetBackup 4.5 Sysadmin Guide or technote 247095 :

 "How to import VERITAS Backup Exec tapes using the Backup Exec Tape Reader
option with VERITAS
  NetBackup"

 Amicalement.

--
François-Xavier Peretmere aka fx / #include <ADIC/std_disclaimer.h>