Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Confirm DAR in NBU 4.5 FP3. 12 hours to restore a 500k file :-(

2003-03-30 16:38:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Confirm DAR in NBU 4.5 FP3. 12 hours to restore a 500k file :-(
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:38:26 -0800
Until you can get DAR working, I might also suggest breaking your volumes up
into smaller qtrees and backing up by qtree.   This way, your restore will
be running against a much smaller dump.   I made this change and now I only
wait 2 hours for a single file, instead of 12 hours.   We are retiring our
Netapp filers (for a different reason) in a few weeks and I look forward to
not dealing with NDMP backups, especially for disaster recovery scenarios.

-Jon