Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Firewall setup between a server and a client

2003-03-18 06:51:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Firewall setup between a server and a client
From: mark.kilpatrick AT Redstor DOT com (Mark Kilpatrick)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:51:35 -0000
Hi, how do I setup a client backup through a firewall when using netbackup
4.5 Mp2. There will be four W2K clients. They cannot ping the master server
at the moment.

The documentation seems to indicate that with 4.5 I can follow the
instructions below...
administrators need only to leave port 13724 open.

To set up vnetd between a server and a client

1. In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Master Server > NetBackup

Management > Host Properties > Master Server.

2. In the right pane, double-click the host you wish to configure.

3. Select the Client Attributes tab.

4. In the client database list box, select the client you wish to change.

5. Check No Callback.

6. Click OK.

Is this correct or have I misinterpreted the documentation and have to open
other ports in the firewall?

Thanks in advance, Mark

---