Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] import image from live machine to test machine.

2003-03-16 18:55:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] import image from live machine to test machine.
From: dbase77 AT yahoo DOT com (Feroz F. Basir)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 23:55:19 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all,

Another problem arise after successful backup time. I
run full backup on our live machine and want to
restore to our test machine. Both machine (live and
test) have netbackup app installed and attach to 2
different tape library. When I run a backup on live, I
set retention to 1 year. Backup finished successfully.
I be able to restore the data on our live machine.

When I tried to restore to our test machine, I got
error after importing the image. From netbackup sys
admin guide, I have to run 2 import phases. First
import phase just initiate import which finished
successfully. The second import phase cause me
problem. The error msg is "Invalid tar format".

Do I need to expire the tape backup before I can
import?

Thank you in advance.

regards,
feroz