Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sgscan not displaying the drive list

2003-03-14 10:47:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sgscan not displaying the drive list
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:47:04 -0500
You are running into a limitation of an ancient sg driver.  Check veritas
support site, they should have a doc on how to modify sg.conf and devlinks
files by hand.  If you still need help, send me an email.

paulg

On Mar 13,  8:57pm, texin col wrote:
> Subject: [Veritas-bu] sgscan not displaying the drive list
>

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have 14LTO's connected to Sun V480R. I'm installing DC 4.5 on Solaris 8 and
done every thing that is recommended but when running 'sgscan' i could not see
any tape devices. But i can see all the tape drives entries in /dev/rmt after
running drvconfig; tapes. The entries in st.conf and sg.conf files are created
for 6 targets and 4 LUNS which are more for the OS to recognize my drives.

> Does this mean that the issue is with sg.install or any patches needs to be
applied? As i am accessing my external RAID storage and i can see the tape
drive entries in /dev/rmt i cannot suspect Qlogic HBA configuration file (OS is
able to access the devices). Please let me know if i'm missing anything.