Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 2 tape drives issue

2003-03-12 09:55:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 2 tape drives issue
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:55:12 -0600
Yes, absolutely.

Are you backing up the same client or different clients? If you are backing
up the same client, then you will have to do one of two things. First, the
default behaviour of NetBackup is to limit the MAX number of jobs per client
to 1 (one).

You can modify that globally, by using the bpconfig cli:

           bpconfig -mj $MAX_JOBS [>1]

use the GUI

Or you can optionally decide to create a sub-database that will allow you to
configure clients individually without impacting your GLOBAL settings.
Here's the cli (run this from /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd

          bpclient -add -client $CLIENTNAME

then

          bpclient -update -client $CLIENTNAME -max_jobs $MAX_JOBS

This will create a directory called client under /usr/openv/netbackup/db and
will modify the max jobs for this particular client and NOT globally for all
clients.  This is very nice especially in mixed environments where you do
not want multiple jobs to run for the NT/2000 servers, but you do for your
UNIX servers for example

David

David A. Chapa
Backup Storage Consultant