Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #1990 - 3 msgs

2003-03-04 09:22:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #1990 - 3 msgs
From: thoke AT northpeak DOT com (Tim Hoke)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:22:37 -0600 (CST)
TapeAlert is enabled based on the drive firmware.

I stand corrected on my tpautoconf -t command.... I think it has to be 4.5
in order to show the TapeAlert enabled.  Here's an example output from 4.5
with a drive that supports TapeAlert:

TPAC45 QUANTUM DLT8000         0250 PMC40P1629 -1 -1 -1 -1 /dev/rmt/0cbn -
TapeAlert enabled

I guess you will have to confirm with STK if the 9480 version 1.30
firmware supports TapeAlert.

Then it's just a matter of configuring a cleaning tape in the
library.  Then when the drive needs cleaning, NBU can just grab the tape
and clean the drive.

-Tim