Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media ID and Barcode Label

2003-02-27 11:29:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media ID and Barcode Label
From: Dariusz.Klar AT Sun DOT COM (Dariusz Klar)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:29:22 +0100
Hi folks,

Environment:
NBU 4.5 DC MP3 with L180 (6xDLT8000) attached directly
on Solaris 8 sparc

Something went wrong during robot reinventory and NBU
assigned Media ID to the one tape which is different than
Barcode Label of this tape. I know it's possible to have
configuration like that (with different Media ID and Barcode Label)
but .... inside another slot there is another tape with barcode label
exactly the same like the Media ID assigned to the tape in previous slot.
Normally Media ID should be the same as RVSN

Slot            Media_ID                Barcode Label
4               BV2876                  001284

Slot 8 is occupied by tape with BV2876 Barcode Label (I'v checked
it by robtest)

Problem:
Can't complete robot inventory because :

Media ID not unique in the DataBase

Questions:
How can I check the RVSN of the tape ? (via CLI or GUI)

How can I change Media ID of the tape without deassigning
it, to have Barcode Label identical with Media ID ?

regards,

Darek