Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Getting NetBackup to see slots in an expanded Scalar 10K?

2003-02-26 18:06:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Getting NetBackup to see slots in an expanded Scalar 10K?
From: vaxzilla AT jarai DOT org (Brian Chase)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:06:29 -0800 (PDT)
I recently unlocked another 600 storage slots in our S10K.  The library
itself sees the additional slots, but my NetBackup server (running under
Solaris)  fails to recognise them. When I run a Robot Inventory Report
to show the robot contents, the listing only shows the previous number
of slots.

I'm presuming that stopping and restarting the NetBackup servers, or at
least the media manager daemon, will remedy this.  However, I'm hoping
there's some other way to accomplish this without interrupting my very
busy master/media server.

-brian.