Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Clustered media server recovery on a single node

2003-02-24 17:13:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Clustered media server recovery on a single node
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:13:09 -0500
        I am in a process of re-writing a recovery procedure for our site and I
ran into a bit of a question.  I have an NT MSCS cluster which is also a media
server with SSO(NT 4.0, NBU 4.5 + MP3).  Now Veritas documentation describes on
how to recover a cluster.  However, given a real disaster I will not have 2
hosts with MSCS installed, there will probably be only one machine in the DR
location.  Has anyone tried to do a disaster recovery from an MSCS clustered
node onto a single node?

paulg