Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NBU and Checkpoint -- Again (error 25) (Clater_A)

2003-02-20 21:22:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NBU and Checkpoint -- Again (error 25) (Clater_A)
From: jmh AT sparklink DOT com (John Hanna)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:22:23 -0600 (CST)
Unfortunately, yes...
I had the same issue with a client outside the firewall (a Netscreen 50).
Master server (4.5 MP3) inside could connect to outside client just fine,
until the outside client tries to "talk back" into the DMZ via a NAT'd
IP address. (Yes, even with the "no call-back" set)

The outside client still  tries to connect back to the Master's INTERNAL
(non-routable) 192.x.x.x address, even with a "REQUIRED_
INTERFACE" statement in the client's bp.conf...

Further testing proved I could telnet to and from the proper ports (13782
& 13724) both ways using hostnames, so i figured all was ok...

NOT.

The "official" answer from Veritas support was they do not support NAT.

Hopefully this is not the case for you.  Please post your resolution or
mail me directly if you get any futher with this than I did.
My temporary solution was a second NIC in the outside client machine.

TIA

/JMH