Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Agent in 3.4

2003-02-20 15:54:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Agent in 3.4
From: Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com (Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:54:32 -0500
We are using the Oracle Agent 3.4 using Oracle 8i. A question below from
our DBA. Can anyone help us here before we call support.

For 8i the only Oracle change needed to work with Netbackup was to replace
the libobk.so library with the one provided by Veritas via a dynamic link,
as shown below .  However, when I look in Oracle's 9.2 libraries there is
no libobk.so library to relink.  So for 9i, what changes do we have to make
in Oracle?  There is nothing in the admin guide on what to do.  Looking at
their script, oracle_link, it mentions 9i but does not say what to do,
implying that no changes are required.

pssva004-(/u12001/app/oracle/product/8.1.7.4.0/lib)->ls -l libo*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 oracle   dba           36 Sep 25 13:01 libobk.so ->
/usr/openv/netback
up/bin/libobk.so.1

Thanks,

Brian