Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Gigabit NIC & Win2K SP3 Network Shutdown

2003-02-18 20:43:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Gigabit NIC & Win2K SP3 Network Shutdown
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:43:59 -0500
Good evening Tommy

Tracking tcp/ip errors always seems  hard.
Did you see any errors in the windows event logs, either system or application?

When we were looking at an ms exchange problem, the veritas tech support folks
said that some drivers for interface cards could cause problems. You might want
to check with  tech support and dell tech support. Our problem was not that,
but a problem with the motherboard.

Like others, I would ask for a little more info on what you mean by shutdown.
Does all tcpip traffic stop, or just new connections?

Almost everything netbackup does, seems to have a socket connection in the
middle of the action. If you can you might check with the netstat command and
see if you have a large number of socket connections in a time-wait state.
If so you might want to look at changing the tcp_wait interval. At least it was
a problem/fix on unix.

Good luck and let us know the final fix.

len