Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter on Solaris performance

2003-02-17 23:28:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter on Solaris performance
From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us (veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:28:15 -0500 (EST)
I'll second that.  To keep 6 SDLTs fed from a M/M server you'll need at
least 3 processors and 3gb of RAM.  Go for the 4proc, 4g and crank up the
buffering and those drives should do well.

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> Absolutely. IMHO, 2 x 440, 1G RAM, is insufficient resource to stream 6 - SDLT
> drives.
>
> On Monday 17 February 2003 18:00, Douglas Ritschel wrote:
> > Currently our NetBackup DataCenter 3.4 Master/Media
> > Server has two DLT8000 drives. The Master/Media Server
> > is a SUN Netra with 2 440Mhz CPUs and 1 Gig of memory.
> > When we replace the 2 DLT8000 drives with 6 SDLT320
> > drives, would there be a big performance boost if we
> > also replace the Netra with a machine that has 4 CPUs
> > and 4 Gigs of memory?

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
"All HELL would break loose if time got hacked." - Bill Kearney 02-04-03
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---