Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter

2003-02-13 14:08:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:08:37 -0600
--=_alternative 006920F986256CCC_=

yes, it is slow.  that's why many people have rewritten it in Perl or just
cleaned up the code itself.  In fact, veritas even wrote a technote on how
to clean it up.  It basically is running bpmedialist into a file once and
grep'ing the file multiple times instead of running bpmedialist once for
each media id.

here is technote:

I personally just cleaned it up, but also added more functionality like
the ability to run it against only a certain robot or certain volume pool
and have added fields like expiration date and last write date, which I
use to determine which tapes are ejected and which ones stay.

- Scott

"Siano, James C" <james.c.siano AT lmco DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
02/13/2003 11:16 AM