Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter

2003-02-13 12:23:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:23:55 -0800 (PST)
This might not be a very sophisticated solution, but I have a cron job
that runs the available_media script once/hour and puts the output into a
file in /tmp.   That way I always have a fresh copy of the output for use
like this.

Also, looking at an iostat during the available_media run shows you an
incredible amount of read I/O.   Make sure your disk configuration allows
high-read throughput.

Regards,

Jon