Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Assigned

2003-02-13 08:21:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Assigned
From: Ebon_Nash AT compuware DOT com (Nash, Ebon)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:21:43 -0500
I had the same problem.  It was caused by decommissioning a media server
without moving  media assigned to that media server.  You should run a
vmquery and verify that the tape is a valid volume in the media database.
If it is not, I would imagine that either the server name changed, or the
mediaDB was not recovered properly.  If there are no time assigned values I
would definitely be worried and would recommend contacting Veritas Support.

Ebon Nash