Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [4.5 MP2] FULL tape back to use

2003-02-12 08:09:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [4.5 MP2] FULL tape back to use
From: rafamiga AT uucp.polbox DOT pl (rafal wiosna)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:09:09 +0100
        I don't want to go thru those 700+ pages of Admin Guide PDF again so
I'll ask here... I have 30+ tapes like this:

000025  HCART    TLD      0       40     -       4     108000140        FULL
000028  HCART    TLD      0       37     -       1     133308178        FULL
000030  HCART    TLD      0       41     -       4     107100921        FULL
000035  HCART    TLD      0       46     -       4     107464652        FULL

        Great, backups avaliable, sitting to be retrived, getting ready for
expiration [not the "tape expire" date, the images expire date]. But how do
I check when a particular tape will be back in AVALIABLE pool? I know about
reports in java console but I prefer using commandline tool so I can
generate a bash/perl report and send a message saying "000035 will expire
04/02/03" etc, along with avaliable_media output.

        Also, I wonder when a tape becomes AVALIABLE -- is it when the last
image expires?

        And what about mixed-retention levels tapes? I know this is bad but
I have several tapes FULL with mixed retention levels due to problems
getting new tapes on time -- I hat to improvise. When such a tape will be
back in AVALIABLE pool?

        NB DC 4.5 MP2 running on Solaris.

rafal wiosna * TDC Internet Polska S.A. * Polbox * In ARP we trust * AR164
RAFD-RIPE * PGP nyckeln finns tillgänglig på www.se.pgp.net (ID: 3CDCB7A9)