Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup support for Linux reiser/XFS filesystems?

2003-02-06 20:00:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup support for Linux reiser/XFS filesystems?
From: kastus AT epocrates DOT com (Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:00:22 -0800
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 03:08:11PM -0800, Jeremy Mates wrote:
> The veritas documentation I could find lists support for RedHat Linux,
> though limits RedHat 7.2 to only supporting the EXT2 filesystem.  Does
> anyone know if NetBackup supports the more exotic Linux filesystems
> (EXT3, Reiser, XFS)?

NetBackup 3.4 backs up reiserfs filesystem from SuSE 8.1
(actually, even reiserfs installed on LVM) -- without any problems.
The only serious limit is 2G file size which bpbkar is capable
of accessing. Why Veritas links their software with anachronic libraries?

Regards,
--
Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka
Unix System Administrator