Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving robot to a new server

2003-02-01 20:08:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving robot to a new server
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 20:08:18 -0500
Your master server still thinks that the robot is connected to your old
media server. What does tpconfig -d tell you? If it reveals your
mismatch, then you can simply update it using tpconfig. It's fairly
self-documenting, if you haven't used that tool before.

However, your work isn't quite done yet, if the tapes that went to the
new media server with the robot. You will need to move the images over
to the new server, as well. I think that you use bpimage to do that, but
don't quote me on it.

--Steve

Gregory, Gavin wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've just moved a Storagetek robot from one media server to another.  It
> seems to be working as I can get an inventory of the contents by specifying
> the hostname of the new server in the MM gui "Robot Inventory" options, but
> the list of existing robots still has the old server name.
>
> If I try to update the volume config based on the robot contents I get
> "robot number and robot host mismatch".
>
> I've done this before with no problems but I think I may have missed
> something this time - we have several NB environments but it's been a while
> since I've had to do anything with this old one.
>
> NB Master: Solaris 2.6 / Netbackup 3.2GA
> Both media servers: Solaris 2.6 / Netbackup 3.2GA
>
> Thanks for any help!
> regards, Gavin

> CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential
> information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
> notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
> of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
> in this message are those of the individual sender and may not
> necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.

===================================

Steven L. Sesar
Ops. Sys. Programmer/Analyst, Sr.
UNIX Infrastructure R101