Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup

2003-01-27 16:07:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:07:39 -0600
--=_alternative 007408FF86256CBB_=

"You would need a Windows master to push client software to Windows
machines, a regular Windoze machine won't do it"

That's not correct.  3.4 and earlier uses an Install Shield installation.
3.4.1 and higher uses Windows Installer.  Both installations have a screen
one or two "next's" into the installation where you choose local or
remote.  You can choose remote and "push" the client out to anyone you
want as long as you have local admin privs on the remote box.  You do not
need to be on a master server.

- Scott

"Kennedy, Jeffrey" <jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
01/24/2003 05:49 PM