Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup

2003-01-27 15:42:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup
From: mattm AT m-c-s DOT com (Matt Moody)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:42:51 -0600
You are correct.  Of course, the storage unit depicts the number of streams
utilized to tape and the schedule allows the backup to be multiplexed.  When
client schedules are initiated with the multiplex option, they are simply
placed in the que and utilize the storage units MPX settings accordingly
(1st come, 1st served).  Running a backup to multiple tapes is considered
Multiple Data Streams, not MPX, but they too have to abide by the storage
units MPX settings and whether the schedule/policy will allow them to be
multiplexed.  This does not necessarily mean the streams will be multiplexed
to the same tape either, that depends on the job que...

Matthew Moody