Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow Administration console

2003-01-27 10:28:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow Administration console
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:28:44 -0500
Yep!

According to Veritas, they "are aware, and are working on it".

In the mean time, if you're on a UNIX master server, you can adjust the
following variables in /opt/openv/java/jnbSA and jbpSA:

INITIAL_MEMORY=256M
MAX_MEMORY=512M

By default, they were something like 24M and 64M, respectively.

This helps a bit, but it's not an amazing difference.

If you're running a Windows master, then I have no idea where those
variables live.

--Steve

Maths Lööv wrote:
> I have an Administration console (Veritas NBU Datacenter W2K MP3) with
> extremly bad performance! Anyone seen this before?
>

>>Maths Lööv
>>

>>ProAct Datasystem AB
>>Erstagatan 2,  852 35 Sundsvall
>>SWEDEN