Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup

2003-01-24 11:25:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup
From: deb AT tickleme.llnl DOT gov (Deb Heller-Evans)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:25:40 -0800
Hello,

I'm considering changing our backup software from Networker to NetBackup.

I know the pros and cons as Legato and Veritas like to present them, but I'd
be MORE interested in knowing what real users of the NBU software have to say
about the product they're paying lots of money for and using.

For example, Do you like how NBU is set up?  It's GUI?  What are the problems
you encounter?  Is it totally reliable?  What do you always have to watch out
for on a regular basis?

How is technical support?  Are they knowledgeable, and available?  Is the
escalation process handled well?  Anyone been to their training?  What did you
think?

I've used Networker for over 10 years (since v3.1) in my various incarnations
from one company to the next.  I'm tired of dealing with the same old issues
over and over again, (configuration issues, re-configuration issues, client
updates, tracking version numbers, etc) and even the same old GUI - you'd
think they'd update the Unix interface after all this time.

I'd be particularly interested in hearing from those of you who are familiar
with both products, and what you think about them.  Good and Ugly.

Thanks,

deb

--
          There are 010 types of people in the world: