Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT/W2K Exclude List

2003-01-23 13:48:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT/W2K Exclude List
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:48:01 -0500

--=_A6F9A5F8.40217CCF

OK ... I poured through a couple of different versions of NBU manuals and=
 went out to the Veritas Knowledge Base and I still can't find the answer=
 to my particular question.

How would I build an exclude entry on a NT/W2K client to exclude all file=
s that end in:

tmp

The book says if I want to exclude all files with a given name, regardles=
s of path I should just enter the name. Does that mean I just enter tmp o=
r do I have to enter *.tmp with no slashes or drive indicators?

The NBU manual really doesn't give very good examples and the examples gi=
ven are very, very, very vague. If anyone has a definitive source with go=
od (and multiple) examples of building NT/W2K exclude lists, I wouldn't m=
ind knowing where it was.

We've also done the old "Try It" method but that gets old after a while a=
nd we still haven't hit on a successful pattern.

Anything you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Manager, Systems Software
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

Quote for the day: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it=
 right

--=_A6F9A5F8.40217CCF

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4916.2300" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>OK ... I poured through a couple of different versions of NBU manual=
s and=20
went out to the Veritas Knowledge Base and I still can't find the answer =
to my=20
particular question.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>How would I build an exclude entry on a NT/W2K client to exclude all=
 files=20
that end in:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>tmp</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The book says if I want to exclude all files with a given name, rega=
rdless=20
of path I should just enter the name. Does that mean I just enter tmp or =
do I=20
have to enter *.tmp with no slashes or drive indicators?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The NBU manual really doesn't give very good examples and the exampl=
es=20
given are very, very, very vague. If anyone has a definitive source with =
good=20
(and multiple) examples of building NT/W2K exclude lists, I wouldn't mind=
=20
knowing where it was.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We've also done the old "Try It" method but that gets old after a wh=
ile and=20
we still haven't hit on a successful pattern.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anything you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis F. Dwyer<BR>Manager, Systems Software<BR>Tampa Electric=20
Company</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(813) 225-5181&nbsp; - Voice<BR>(813) 275-3599&nbsp; - FAX</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Visit our corporate website at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.tecoenergy.com";>www.tecoenergy.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Quote for the day: "Time is not a test of the truth"<BR>Translation:=
 Just=20
because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it=20
right</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=_A6F9A5F8.40217CCF--