Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Raid 5 problem

2003-01-21 19:07:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Raid 5 problem
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey J Feskens)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:07:02 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, hamdi wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Does any body know or have experiance with this error message :
>
> sogodev unix: WARNING: vxvm:vxio: object interna02-01 detached from RAID-5
> vol01 at column 1 offset 0
> Jan 18 11:48:06 sogodev unix: WARNING: vxvm:vxio: RAID-5 vol01 entering
> degraded mode operation
>
> What's wrong with my raid 5 ? HOw to recover it ?

What does the output of vxprint -hrt look like?  Sounds to me like you've
got a bad disk, and it's been detached.

If so, you should be able to go through the procedure for removing your
bad disk, adding the new one and letting the raid5 volume recover itself.

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette University, Salem, OR