Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration question

2003-01-21 14:12:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration question
From: michael.p.french AT intel DOT com (French, Michael P)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:12:19 -0800
        My company is in the process of transitioning one of our customers
to another provider.  The customer is using Netbackup 3.4 and all of the
clients are setup using the FQDN.  Since the current names reflect my
companies FQDN, we need to change this to the new provider's.  I am more
familiar with TSM, where I just rename the node and all of the data is kept
in tact with the client, does Netbackup work the same?  I don't want to
screw the pooch on this, any suggestions would be welcome.  Please email me
with questions if I have been unclear in this post.  Thanks in advance.

Michael French
Platform Engineer
Intel IOS
(408)765-6676