Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgraded to 4.5

2003-01-20 10:54:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgraded to 4.5
From: lfafard AT saskpower DOT com (Lowell Fafard)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:54:04 -0600
--=_alternative 0057593B06256CB4_=

Hi Everyone, we just upgraded our environment from 3.4 to 4.5.  So far I'm
very disappointed by the performance of the Java GUI and the Windows
Remote Administration Console.

I think the performance problem for the Windows Remote Admin Console is
caused by the topology map the GUI draws.  The GUI takes about 50 minutes
to start the activity monitor and the devices monitor, but everything else
responds ok.  These two areas have the topology map in common,  does
anyone know how to disable this topology "feature"?  Or are we stuck with
it?

Thanks
Lowell
--=_alternative 0057593B06256CB4_=

environment from 3.4 to 4.5. &nbsp;So far I'm very disappointed by the
performance of the Java GUI and the Windows Remote Administration
Console.</font>
Windows Remote Admin Console is caused by the topology map the GUI draws.
&nbsp;The GUI takes about 50 minutes to start the activity monitor and the
devices monitor, but everything else responds ok. &nbsp;These two areas have
the topology map in common, &nbsp;does anyone know how to disable this topology
&quot;feature&quot;? &nbsp;Or are we stuck with it?</font>
--=_alternative 0057593B06256CB4_=--