Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem with a MSCS Failover NetBackup Media Server

2003-01-18 18:02:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem with a MSCS Failover NetBackup Media Server
From: gcampbell AT rgv.rr DOT com (Greg Campbell)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:02:01 -0600
 I have installed NBU 4.5 on a MSCS Active/Passive cluster as a failover
media server. I decieded to test the failover by starting a backup of the
virtual server and fail the active node. It was my understanding the the
backup job should have failed and re-queued to resume on the now active
node. This did not happen. The job remained showing active and the tape was
left in the drive. I waited for an hour for the job to error out but this
did not occur. I manually had to kill the job and remove the tape to its
slot in the library. Is my understanding of how a failover media server
correct and if so what have I done wrong in setting it up. We are running on
Windows 2000 SP3 on all systems. We are using a Compaq ESL9326 Tape Library.