Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Clients

2003-01-17 13:46:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Clients
From: Tie_Hoekstra AT kaltire DOT com (Tie_Hoekstra AT kaltire DOT com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:46:19 -0800
David:
I have a number of Linux clients that need to be backed up and that we
can't/won't put the Netbackup client software on.

To solve the problem we Rsync the data via ssh to the Solaris master. Then we
can put the data to tape when a window opens.

Rsync is very fast as an added bonus.

Tie Hoekstra
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
Information Services, Vernon Office
Kal Tire
2501 48 th Ave
Vernon, B.C.
V1T 3P9

www.kaltire.com

Bus. Phone 250 558 3200 ext 327
Cell Phone  250 503 7647
You'll like us, for more than our tires . . .