Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] TAPE Alert Cleaning with SDLT220/320 Tape Drives

2003-01-17 10:00:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] TAPE Alert Cleaning with SDLT220/320 Tape Drives
From: Klaus.Micheler AT infineon DOT com (Klaus.Micheler AT infineon DOT com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:00:42 +0100
Hi!

I have an L700e Tape Library with DLT7000 and SDLT320 Tape drives.
Up to now I use frequency based cleaning for the DLT7000 Tape Drives
(cleaning frequency 250 hours)with a labeled cleaning tape in the unreserved
library cells.

But for Super DLT Drives its not recommended to use frequency based
cleaning.
How can I enable TapeAlert for automatically cleaning through netbackup?

The autoclean option in the L700e library will only be turned on, if I
insert cleaning tapes in the reserved cells. But if this is done, I use the
robotic based TapeAlert Cleaning and not the TapeAlert Cleaning through
Netbackup.

Any ideas how to enable TapeAlert with Netbackup 4.5 (Patch 2)??

Regards and thanks in advance,
Klaus Micheler
Infineon Technologies