Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Drive reserve problems after a rebuild of my media server

2003-01-14 19:41:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Drive reserve problems after a rebuild of my media server
From: vallish.s.anantha AT cgey DOT com (vallish.s.anantha AT cgey DOT com)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:41:57 -0600

Hi all
I just recently upgraded my  Veritas Netbackup from 3.4.4 to 4.5.2 (Solaris
8) and one of the media server's that i had an almost completely filled up
root file system.So i took a complete backup of the /opt/openv from my
media server  and copied it and other files under /kernel/drv that include
st.conf and sg.conf to a temporary location on another Unix machine,
reinstalled the OS on the existing media server and restored the
/opt/openv.Ever since i made these changes I have had a  couple of
problems.

We have an STK  L700 ACSLS tape library that has about 20 DLT7000 tape
drives .Of these i have been using the first 10 drives for my Windows 2000
media server and the remaining 10 drives for my Solaris media server.My
master server is again on Solaris 8 and these serves as my media server too
backing up about 15 unix clients but has access to all the 20 tape drives.
This set up  had been working well for me but ever since the resetup of my
media server on Solaris 8 i have had these problems with my drives.

An mt -f  /dev/rmt/*cbn on each of the 20 tape dirves gives me a write
protected or reserved message.I tried the mt -f /dev/rmt/*cbn forcereserve
but with no  consequence. The same command from my media server gives me a
permission denied message on a few drives.

Has anyone out there come across similar issues? If somebody could helpme
in trouble shooting the issue it would be of great help to me.

Thanks

     Vallish  S .Anantha
     Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
     Dallas ADC Infrastructure Team
     Direct : 214-303-7510  Cell :469-644-2267
     Pager :800-431-5081
     CGEYComm: 3682626
     vallish.s.anantha AT cgey DOT com

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of the Cap Gemini/Ernst & Young Group.  It is intended
only for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy,
disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you
receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete all copies of this message