Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Way way off topic.

2003-01-13 05:49:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Way way off topic.
From: consultant0610 AT hotmail DOT com (Patrick Whelan)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:49:50 +0100
Thank you for all the replies. It was wonderful hearing from people I
haven't talked to in years. The general consensus seems to be that many of
the people asking questions were dropped into NetBackup because whoever was
doing it before had left the company. This coincidentally was the way I got
started 8 years ago, (version 1.7 for those who care). Never the less, it
still doesn't answer the question, ?Why don't you look in the manual
first??. Some have said that
The manuals leave a lot to be desired. While all manuals are not perfect, I
think Veritas's are some of the best. If you have the manuals on CD then you
can even search for words that may help. Some of the questions could be
answered if they just looked at the table of contents in the manuals. One
person suggested that maybe I should just answer the questions instead of
complaining. Those of you who have been on the list for a while know that I
do answer the questions, when I have a system that I can log into and test
the answer before replying.
One confession, I subscribe to more than just this list, and the UNIX and
Sun ones ask even dumber questions. So I may have taken out some of my
frustration on this list that really should have applied to other lists. I
promise I won't do anymore complaining, it was just one of those days. Thank
you all for your patience, and in most cases, understanding.

Patrick Whelan