Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading from 3.4_4 --> 4.5 MP2 on Solaris8

2003-01-12 16:44:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading from 3.4_4 --> 4.5 MP2 on Solaris8
From: Jason.Wood AT Homestore DOT com (Wood, Jason)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:44:14 -0800
 I just did an upgrade to 4.5  and spent some time talking to a Veritas
support engineer.  He raised the issue of converting the database from 3.4
format to 4.5.  I'm not sure what the details of that process would be, but
the engineer made it sound as if the process had some quirks.  Since we have
a very short retention period, we just did the upgrade and did not need to
use the old catalog.

Jason Wood
Systems Administrator