Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup to disk

2003-01-10 15:40:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup to disk
From: Dale_Kramer AT steris DOT com (Kramer, Dale)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:40:15 -0500
Hi all,

A quick question.  Running NB 4.5 on Solaris.  Created a filesystem on a media
server to back up to.  This is a try and see what happens. Created the storage
unit for disk.  We have 2 backups running at the same time in the same media
server.  One to our STK9740, DLT7000 tape unit and the other to disk.  What I
am seeing is the speed to disk about half the speed of the tape.  It's not the
disks as they are hooked to an Hitachi9960, all fiber. Am I missing something?

thanx,
dale

Dale P. Kramer
Senior Enterprise Systems Analyst
STERIS Corporation
5960 Heisley Rd.
Mentor, OH 44060
440-392-7082

Man is the only animal that blushes -- or needs to. - Mark Twain