Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Negative DWO value in Images on Media Report

2003-01-07 16:38:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Negative DWO value in Images on Media Report
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:38:00 -0600
BINGO, that makes perfect sense to me now.

I think that's why you are getting it.

An imported piece of media has much different characteristics than before
when it was ACTIVE.  Since you can import this from any NBU server to any
NBU server, I'm assuming the logic here is that for an IMPORTED media DWO
would have no real value since it may have been written on a device not
configured in the current environment.  Therefore, to limit confusion
(because if they left it in there someone else would be asking...HOW DO I
KNOW THIS IS REALLY THE DEVICE IT WROTE IT TO?  IMPORTED THIS FROM A
DIFFERENT SERVER) they replace the value with a -1

He shoots and HE.... anyone, anyone?

David A. Chapa
Backup Storage Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.