Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux clients/Unix master

2003-01-03 15:39:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux clients/Unix master
From: rafamiga AT uucp.polbox DOT pl (rafal wiosna)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:39:33 +0100
* Bob Rice wrote:
> Is it possible to have a Linux client run under a Solaris master/media
> server in Netbackup?

        Yup, and more so if you don't plan to run remote java stuff you only
need /usr/openv/netbackup directory [and it's contents] to be present and
inetd/xinetd bpcd entries + some clever iptables/ipchains rules if you're
firewalling the server. Also, adding tcpd wrapper to bpcd helps. But be
warned, the 4.5 client [the one I'm using] won't run on glibc 2.0/libc
clients.

rafal wiosna * TDC Internet Polska S.A. * Polbox * In ARP we trust * AR164
RAFD-RIPE * PGP nyckeln finns tillgänglig på www.se.pgp.net (ID: 3CDCB7A9)