Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Single policy for multiple hosts in Netbackup4.5

2002-12-21 18:55:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Single policy for multiple hosts in Netbackup4.5
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:55:49 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2A94C.7CC96FE0

If /backup is a link to all these other areas, then /backup will be backed
up as a link and nothing else.  NB does not traverse links.

Are the filesystems unique to each server?  In other words can you do this

Server 1
  /A
  /B

Server 2
  /C
  /D

Server 3
  /B
  /C

This way you can specify in your filelist:
  /A
  /B
  /C
  /D

and those systems that don't have a /C for example won't have a problem.
You list to backup can be a union of your individual backup lists.

You can also use an exclude file per client to leave certain unwanted paths
out.

For all my servers, I backup "/" with "cross-mountpoints" enabled and then I
exclude files and directories I want ignored on a per client basis.  It's
nice because changes within the enterprise (like new filesystems) don't
force me to reconfig NB.

-M