Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu Netware OTm problem

2002-12-12 07:48:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu Netware OTm problem
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:48:41 -0500
For netware 5.1 SP5, there is a filesys update that helps somewhat, and
a tcpip update that I have applied also. On he novell support sie, look
for flsysft8.exe and tcp581k.exe. There may even be a more recent
release of the tcpip.

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Hampus Lind" <hampus.lind AT rps.police DOT se> 12/12/02 4:57:22 AM >>>
Hi Sandra!

I`am sorry to have to tell you that i don`t have a solution for this
problem, neither do Veritas Support, yet.
It seems to be a common issue with backup software for NetWare, Backup
exec, has the same problem. probably because it uses OTM in the same
way. Ther is some 3-party software that works better.

The funny thing is, that is can work fine for weeks, and then just stop
to work at all, when that occur it seems that you never can fix the
problem. We have several Netware gurus that have tried to fix this
problem for a very long time, without any success, this case is still
open with both Veritas Support and Novell Support.

For now we have OTM turned off, on all netware klients.

Regards Hampus.